Friday, September 18, 2009

Almost a Year after the Wedding

I remember exactly 1 year ago, around this date, that I was fussing, researching, reading, planning panicking about The Wedding.
I haven't done my wedding suppliers reviews yet, Hahaha! Coz a part of me still hasn't let go that I already had my wedding!
I haven't got that courage yet, to close my doors with my Wedding team.
You can say, I'm secretly hoping that I will get an email or a message from them.. reminding me of my pending task, pending decisions to make! Hahaha! But of course, I can only hope..
My wedding had already passed. Melchor and I only have the grandest memories of THE Day.
From the preparations, researching, reading.. hahaha! I love every moment of it!
Sleepless nights, finding the perfect designs. Panicking with my Entourage gowns.
Regretting some decisions made. Hoping I chose this and that.
Then after all of it, hardwork, happiness, some bloopers and what ifs, you end up still feeling discontented.
You wanted more. You're seeing other pictures, other designs, choices made by others.
You secretly wishing, you have thought of this, that! Really never-ending!
I have subscribed a lot of wedding related sites, blogs of suppliers. That's where you see what other couples were doing.
Their gowns, their choices, they were featured. Hahaha!
I realized my feeling of discontentment when I was asking myself how come I wasn't able to choose what the others did.. etc.
Maybe I should have researched more.. or forced myself not to sleep that time, just so I can have more choices to choose from.
Hahaha! I know! It's beyond normal already!
I realized I'm pressuring myself of something vague. I had the best time of my life.
My work is done! All my hardwork had paid off. From little items to the big decisions, I made sure to had every hand of it.
My wedding was perfect. For me. For my husband.
That's when I decided to just browse wedding related sites and blogs! Hahaha!

Anyway, I just have to say all of that. Hahaha!
I guess some hands-on brides will eventually be feeling this way. I'm one of them. :)
And now, after almost a year, Melchor and I will be celebrating our anniversary soon, I guess I can now let go.. I have to let go na.
Let go and say my final Thank you.. to the wonderful people behind our day.
I've jot down some of the memorable experiences I had with my wedding team, and some description of what happened, etc. I think you can find more stories at my other blog in choosing these wonderful people.

October 18, 2008 Melchor and Ria Gan:
Santuario de San Jose - I love this church! The staff are very nice and friendly. Our Canonical interview was done a day before our wedding day! Hahaha! The church is beautiful. I like that the Church is in a secured area.. The aisle length is just right with picturesque altar. We did an occular February 2008, I never wrote about this before, but when we were checking out the church, a 500 peso bill flew to my feet area!!!
For me, it's a sign that this is the church for us. Melchor was baptised in this church also. But the sad part was that, during my wedding, the glass door before was stucked! So you can just open the one side! So much for the cloth that Clarice placed to compensate the glass door.
Overall, I love this church! The door was changed into a beautiful wood-made. So lucky for those who will tie the knot in this church, they can now not worry about how to decorate the door. :) It's a bit warm pala sa upfront. :)

Fr. Rex Vidal - Our Priest. :) We got Fr. Rex at the last minute, based from Erica's persistent recommendation. He's very funny and lively. We only have smiles and laughs during the ceremony. My fave line from Fr. Rex: " walang expiry tong pinipirmahan nyo ah.." hahaha!! Thank you Erica for this.

Edsa Shangri-La Hotel - We got the Garden Ballroom - just right for my intimate wedding. Though my Mom, Melchor and I were forced to really trim down our guests list, because of the limited space. We got the Executive Suite at the Garden Wing.. then additional 4 superior rooms for our family.

Clarice Avinante - I have all praises with Clarice! She's very patient with us! hahaha! We tend to submit or decide beyond the deadline Clarice gave us.. Hahaha! Sorry! But in the end, I think we did really good! Clarice's very responsible. She will do everything to make your day really perfect! My sister Erica remembered the time we met at Blue Wave, for our first meeting nearing our wedding date. Erica was kinda panicking that time, and Clarice told her "ok lang yan... kami na bahala.. Erica, wag ka magpanic!" I have a lot of fond memories with Clarice.

Veluz Reyes - The best wedding gown designer!! She's the one who made me first felt that "this is it, I'm really getting married!!" I have all praises and good words to say about Ms. V, from the first time we've corresponded, to the fittings, fittings and final fittings!! She's the best!!! She listens to what her girls want and request, and executes them well! I don't have to worry about my other wedding accessories, because they're all included in the package.

Niko Hernandez - My mom loves her gown! I think Niko executed what my Mom wanted. They understood each other very well. Erica had an unforgettable story with Niko, which involves my Granny! hahaha! Niko's very nice, active! hahaha! He's so much fun!!

Max Tiu - The best Host ever!!! I remember the first time we met, it was 5 days before the wedding day! Hahaha! Very nice and willing to work with other singer.

Threelogy - Getting them was really by fate. Hahaha! I remembered that when I first inquired for my wedding date, they were booked already! So I scouted our videographers like - Jason Magbanua, Bob Nicolas, Imacron, Shierdan Pamintuan. I was to book someone already, but alas our scheduled did not permit us to meet. Then my friend, Girlie's sisters - Candie and Lilliane called and tole me that Threelogy will be having 2 teams! I immediately called and booked them!! Come wedding day, they made me feel at ease.. haha! Parang normal lang.. pero makikita mo silang palakad lakad.. hahaha! With their gears.. :)

Nelwin Uy - Great pictures. Hands down.. Galing!

Jill Lejano - sobrang Cool!!! Hahaha! So happy that I was able to get her for our 2nd photographers. They're very nice and friendly. Pictures are really great!! Galing galing!!!

Alex Franco - At first, Melchor doesn't want us to spend for the cake separately. Based from Edsa Shangri-la's wedding package, we can avail the cake, 5-tier cake, but only the bottom's edible. So.. I asked Clarice about Alex Franco. Heard good reviews about his cake, so Clarice helped us schedule a meeting with Alex. I remember Melchor telling me that we'll just talk to Alex.. No promises! Hahaha! I said, okay. But after 15minutes of talking to Alex, I think both Melchor and I were just hypnotized! :D We love this guy! He's so easy to work with, easy to talk to! I was 80% willing to get him for our cakes, but I think the best thing was that Alex charmed his way to Melchor saying okay and we'll get him to do our cakes!! We served our cake to the guests as their desserts, and I got good reviews with it. :)

Delby Bragais - Melchor's suit. She's so nice, friendly and bubbly!! We had really fun during our fittings. She's really nice and very good at what she promised. Melchor loves his suit. Of course, he's not as expressive as I am. Hahaha!

Veejay Floresca - I got Veejay 12 days before our wedding day. Yes, 12 days!! He was already my choice for the Entourage gowns, but during the first part of my inquiry, I felt that maybe he's preoccupied that may not have the time to accept projects at that time. Then, disaster strikes with ento gown maker that I thought will do good work. I contacted Veejay immediately and ask if he can accept my rush project. We met on the 8th of October, measurements were made that week, fittings were on the 15th! Wahahahah! He did an amazing job!! My entourage felt really good and happy with their gowns, and for me, that's the important thing!! I love the Flower girls' gowns, they looked so cute!!! I'm so happy to have a happy ending with my entourage gowns.

The Write Impression - I only had TWI in my mind to do our invites. Though I've seen samples that TWI did in their office, when Melchor and I visited there with Clarice, I wanted something more, something original, something unique. Hahaha! So I spent sooooo many nights, just researching for my perfect design. With Clarice's reminders, I still haven't found the right design that I wanted! Finally, with the help of my sister, Erica, she went to TWI office, and worked with me throughout the process of choosing and designing the final wedding invitations. Choices were made, samples were given.. hahaha! At long last, we were able to choose my own unique design!! :) I believe I had around 7 revisions, before I said YES. My mom was doing the Chinese inserts, and I think she had 12 revisions!!! Hahaha! Our invites are perfect!! They delivered as promised. :)

Peddy Acebo - I love this guy! I love my hair and makeup!!! I felt at ease with him! He really does know his craft!! He's the best! Even my mom and sister love him!!!

Balay Kandila - My very last minute booking! :) hahaha! I met BK during my final lunch meeting with Clarice. I think the funny thing about booking BK is that, Melchor had no idea I already have them in my mind to do our styling. :) hahaha! I wanted something different for the backdrop and couple's table. And yes, it was really nice! It was what I had expected!! Very easy to talk to. And willing to do last minute booking! Hahahaha! :)

Den Den Atanacio - our Wedding Singer!! He's so good!!!!!!! Amazing voice, great songs!! I'm so happy that Clarice told me to get him! Melchor and I were so amazed with him!! He sang at the church and reception. Super duper galing!!!

Discovery Weekend - Melchor was skeptic in going to this retreat. I insisted. So eventually, we went and I can say this solidifies our relationship and attest our goal of getting married. I can say, attending this retreat made me more calm in tackling issues with Melchor. I think he will say the same thing din. That's the goal, right?

Teddy Manuel - I was not able to meet Teddy, but I love the flowers! Since I was running out of time, I asked Clarice to help me with the flowers. :) They were what I've expected them to be. :)

Fabfoto - Our wedding souvenirs! I believe my guests had fun in the booth! :)

Tisha Rosales - our Unity Candle maker. Hahaha! We got Tisha to do our Candles I think maybe more than a week before our Wedding date! Hahaha! She's so fun, and was able to do our candles the way I envisioned them to be! Hahaha!

Weddings at work - the best way to research and get to know the suppliers! Join their group and you'll see! hahaha!

So far, these are my wedding suppliers. There are still some others, but I believe these are the integral part of our day.
I hope that my suppliers won't think that I was ungrateful to them, coz I wasn't able to communicate with them after the wedding day. But In my heart, I have my own reasons for not able to thank them more than what I did during that day.
I had a hard time letting go.
But I am grateful, to each and everyone who were present in my day.
Thank you so so much!!!!

P.s. Kindly forgive some grammar lapses, etc. hahaha! I just typed away without further internalizing and editing. And according to my sister, Erica, my English's starting to sound like China- English! hahaha!

1 comment:

  1. don't you worry. kahit ako, i haven't finished my supplier's ratings yet. haha.. pero na let go ko na siya... forever unfinished task na yun :)

    marami pala tayong suppliers in common... and yes, nakakamiss magwedding preps :)

    ReplyDelete